close
Palestinian health workers stand next to unearthed bodies buried by Zionist forces in the Nasser Hospital compound in Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip on April 21, 2024.
Palestinian health workers stand next to unearthed bodies buried by Zionist forces in the Nasser Hospital compound in Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip on April 21, 2024.
50 bodies found at Gaza hospital amid West Bank carnage

GAZA: Gaza’s civil defence said Sunday dozens of bodies had been found buried at a Gaza hospital complex previously raided by the Zionist entity, as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to ramp up military pressure on Hamas. Netanyahu, who threatened action “in the coming days” but did not specify, has repeatedly said the Zionist army will launch a ground assault on Rafah despite international concern for civilians who have taken refuge in the southern city.

The premier’s latest remarks came a day after US lawmakers approved $13 billion in new military aid to close ally the Zionist entity, even as global criticism mounts over the dire humanitarian crisis in the besieged Gaza Strip. The Palestinian group Hamas said the US aid was a “green light” for the Zionist entity to “continue the brutal aggression against our people”.

Gaza’s civil defence agency said its teams had discovered 50 bodies since Saturday buried in the courtyard of the Nasser Medical Complex in Gaza’s main southern city of Khan Yunis. “We are continuing the search operation today and are waiting for all graves to be exhumed in order to give a final number of martyrs,” Mahmud Bassal, spokesman for the civil defence agency, told AFP. “There were no clothes on some bodies, which certainly indicates (the victims) faced torture and abuse,” Bassal said.

Hamas in a statement said the 50 bodies were exhumed from what it called a “mass grave of those executed in cold blood and buried with military bulldozers in the hospital’s courtyard”. The Zionist entity pulled its ground forces from Khan Yunis on April 7 after carrying out what it called a “precise and limited operation” at the hospital, one of Gaza’s biggest. Hospitals in Gaza have faced the brunt of the Zionist assault. On Sunday, an AFP photographer saw civil defence crews exhuming human remains from the courtyard, while grieving relatives collected bodies wrapped in white.

A Palestinian woman mourns over the bodies of her two sons killed in a Zionist raid in the Nur Shams camp for Palestinian refugees in the occupied West Bank during their funeral on April 21, 2024. - AFP photos
A Palestinian woman mourns over the bodies of her two sons killed in a Zionist raid in the Nur Shams camp for Palestinian refugees in the occupied West Bank during their funeral on April 21, 2024. - AFP photos

Earlier this week, the G7 group of developed economies said that it opposed a “full-scale military operation” there, fearing “catastrophic consequences” for civilians. Zionist forces had already been carrying out regular strikes on the city. The civil defence agency said Zionist strikes hit two homes in Rafah overnight, killing at least 16 people, mostly children.

Resident Umm Hassan Kloub, 35, said her children screamed when they “woke up to a nightmare of an explosion”. “Every second we live in terror, even the sound of (Zionist) aircraft doesn’t stop,” she said. The Zionist offensive has killed at least 34,097 people in Gaza, mostly women and children, according to the territory’s health ministry.

Violence has also flared in the Zionist-occupied West Bank, where a two-year surge in clashes has further escalated since the Gaza war broke out. The Palestinian Red Crescent said Saturday that at least 14 people were killed during a 40-hour Zionist raid on Nur Shams refugee camp in the northern West Bank. A resident who declined to give his name told AFP that the West Bank had become a “second Gaza”.

On Sunday, Zionist forces shot dead two Palestinian teenagers in the occupied West Bank, the Palestinian health ministry said. The Palestinian health ministry in Ramallah said the deaths of the two Palestinians were “caused by occupation (Zionist) bullets”. It identified the two as Muhammad Majid Musa Jabareen, 19, and Musa Mahmud Musa Jabareen, 18.

The official Palestinian news agency Wafa reported that the latest incident occurred at the entrance to the village of Beit Einun near the city of Hebron. Quoting two Palestinian security sources, Wafa reported that the men succumbed to their wounds after they were fired on. Following the incident troops stormed Beit Einun and raided several homes, the agency reported. Much of the new military assistance approved by the US House of Representatives on Saturday was expected to be used to reinforce the Zionist entity’s air defences. The Zionist entity welcomed the aid, and Hamas condemned it as “a confirmation of the official American complicity and partnership in the war of extermination”. – AFP

By Ahmad Albarjas With the increase in technological advancements and societal growth, Gen Z is expected to pave the way for the younger generation, Gen Alpha. However, the literacy rate among children in Kuwait tells another story. The fact that 51...
Dr Nirmin Al-Houti It has been more than 20 years, and creativity still emanates from the Artistic Creativity Center, which was opened on August 27th, 2022. This mini-cultural center has become the nucleus of an artistic cultural establishment that ...
MORE STORIES