KUWAIT: Kuwait’s Ministry of Health said Saturday 683 people tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the past 24 hours to increase registered cases to 58,904. Ministry spokesman Dr Abdullah Al-Sanad said three persons died of the virus, raising the total number of fatalities to 407. He added the new cases were of people who came into close contact with infected persons. Dr Sanad said 430 of the new cases were Kuwaiti citizens (62.96 percent), and 253 non-Kuwaitis (37.04 percent).
Dr Sanad said the cases were recorded in health districts as follows: 162 in Al-Ahmadi, 151 in Al-Jahra, 159 in Farwaniya, 113 in Hawally and 98 in the Capital. The number of cases undergoing treatment at intensive care units reached 137, with the total count of cases that continued to get medical care amounting to 9,477. Six patients were discharged from quarantines, however they would sequester themselves at their houses for 14 days. Dr Sanad revealed that more than 4,370 swab tests for the virus were conducted during the past 24 hours, thus the tally of these examinations exceeded 457,340 since breakout of the contagion in the country. He appealed, anew, upon citizens and expatriates to continue taking necessary precautions against the infectious disease, be keen on maintaining social distancing and examining online accounts of relevant authorities to remain acquainted with latest directions in this respect. The Ministry of Health announced earlier that 639 persons recovered from the coronavirus