We are committed to supporting Kuwait Vision 2035: Al-Sayer
KUWAIT: Al-Sayer and Jiblah Holding companies are the diamond sponsor of the Kuwait Sustainable Development Award, launched on March 18, 2019 by the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Planning and Development (GSSCPD), to recognize and promote best sustainable business practices.
Mohammad Nasser Al-Sayer, Executive board member and chairman of the Sustainability Committee, commented that Al-Sayer Holding has demonstrated a clear commitment to supporting Kuwait vision 2035 and the goals of the United Nations as a key player in the Kuwaiti economy by embracing the framework of the sustainability compass since 2014 covering Environmental aspects, responsible economy, community service, customer and employee welfare.
Eng. Nehad Al-Haj Ali, Deputy Group Manager, Corporate Excellence, referred to recent achievements of the Group such as:
- The Group was the first to launch two-engine hybrid cars in Kuwait and now the number of five hybrid models to reduce the carbon footprint
- The reliance on renewable energy sources in its buildings to date is 550 kw watt has been installed in some of its locations and the number will soon reach 2MW.
- The adoption of Green buildings systems in three buildings, Al-Sayer main building has achieved GORD platinum Certificate from GSAS as the first private building in Kuwait for the year 2018.
- Adopted the sustainability Compass in 2014 as a sustainability framework for the group’s work and evolved into a sustainability gear later.
- Won The first runner-up at Arabia CSR award in Dubai in large companies across the region for the year 2018.
- Recently won the first place in 12th KNPC Annual HSE Performance Award for the year 2019 which is an honor for us.
Barrak Al-Maraghi, CEO of Jiblah Holding company ended that we are together with Kuwait to align the Pillars of excellence and sustainability with the objectives and vision of the new Kuwait 2035.